Friday, July 20, 2012

The Distance Between God and Womankind

how was I to know
what my skin would do to you
I`m a nun from now on

I`m all black and white
and silky penguin sweat
I`ll live on my looks for awhile

if I can outrun
the Devil
I can outrun you

Jesus Christ
walks into a bar
and I catch your eye

someday you`ll die
and I'll come to your funeral
in a red dress

you're lips keep me up
laying for hours in a day
where did this get me?

well Father Lucifer
who did you follow this time?
I know no saints

I'd kiss you
even if you were planting
bullets in my chest

let's maintain this good time
order pink cocktails
inhale smoke from pretty lips

fire a few clips
dance like the whole fucking room is watching
order food we don't plan to eat

fuck like we mean it
save the truth for
stupider men

someone's gotta help me sleep
on these unnatural settings
and I love you

it's only my dirty tongue
and it's unnatural ability
to suck cock without regret

Jesus Christ
walked into a hotel
and gave me pointers

the Devil offered critiques of my style
I've still got eyes for you
they're in that box over there

come and see me
when your heart is finally glued all back together
I'll tell you about dinosaur bones
and the distance between God and womankind

No comments:

Post a Comment