Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Candy

I came here to be a Monster

if I'm the realization of all your worst fears
more hungry rows of teeth than smile
then you better grow eyes in the back of your head

I came with the ability to sniff out the sweetest flesh
I came with a violent past
I came with a taste for bones and candy

when you said 'I'm losing something'
I looked down and replied 'you're losing blood'

and when you asked 'what are you?'
I didn't have an answer

but I know when I finally bite into you
you will taste like candied apples
all sweet and sticky and red
dripping all over my legs on a hot summer night

you're sweeter than all the treats at the carnival
like rotting sugar and pennies
and I could lick you off my fingers
all day long

I could eat you like strawberry pie
and suck up your insides like clotted cream

with my filthy claws in your chest
I can tell you who I am
and show you your creamy fillings

you are a chocolate covered gummy bear
I just can't wait to sink my teeth into
and I enjoy biting the heads off first

I may not be your dream girl
but I am more than happy to be
your little honeyed nightmare

you've got eyes like bright bulging gumballs
and they will roll into the back of your head
you're sweeter than any syrup I've ever tasted
I want you like gumdrops

and when you are all used up
when I've lapped up every sticky drop
you'll be a candy wrapper
all eaten and balled up and tossed in the trash

but I'll still be darkly hungry
and I'll have to move on
to find someone else just as delicious to eat
like a bagful of pretty shiny candy

I came here to be a Monster
and every dreadfully beautiful day
I violently and sweetly succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment