Thursday, July 12, 2012

5am

some poems taste like sugar
and you should take them as
the gift they are

your skin
is like a silken map
to careful foreign lands

I would put my fingers
upon you forever
if only life were so simple

if only I could
brush those tears from
your eyelashes

kiss away
what you seem to be
so afraid of

I am here
filling up the room
the light inside me spilling outwards

cascading and splashing against the walls
pale skin glowing in the dark
limbs all flaxen and twisted around the sheets

twisted around your hair
my hands sliding over your face
in my listless mind

nothing was lost
you led us here
suddenly regretting what was behind my eyes

but I am water
I flow
and the currents pull me to you

kisses pried my lips open
hands delivered me
your breath in my ear took me back

5am comes and I am alone again
but the taste lingers like sugar
as I quietly sing myself to sleep


No comments:

Post a Comment