Saturday, August 9, 2014

Martyr of the Ugly

you have your fast women
and faster drugs
your parties on the moon
pretty crazy whores
with their mouths salivating
for your cock
you have your wandering eyes
your lost fingers
your brainwashing glances
and quick voice
that treacherous beauty
that unstoppable melancholy
that sits just right
on your brow
you have that glowing crown
that glowing heart
just begging them down on
their knees
you have them all fooled
and they scrape
their bellies and full breasts on the ground
to find your Jesus feet
and anoint your toes in oil
with their long flowing hair

I have only alcohol
and the burning bitterness
it trails down my throat
I have endless nights
cursing the dawn
when the curtains lighten
I have stupid words
useless facts
all stored up in my
functionless brain
I have my outcast status
tattooed on my skin
I have devils' horny outcroppings
where my halo
failed to grow
I have an ugly smile
sickeningly green eyes
and the threat of
heroic nothingness
set under my tongue

I tossed the oil over the cliff
I shorn off my hair
I vomited up an ocean
of black vile
from the depths
of my violent soul
I brought down the moon
I ate the perfect hearts
of a thousand whores
I rotted in my own caves
and made suits
of their skin

I crawl for nothing
and I will make you uncomfortable
make you writhe
and cry out
from under your Jesus cross
I can't ever be right
but I can be
godlike
in my wrongness
and make all who love me
hide from
my terrible face
and wretchedly sharp teeth
and curse the day
they met me

No comments:

Post a Comment