Monday, April 13, 2015

That Dark Planet

your mouth dripped lies
as thick as syrup
your eyes contained
a violent man
with dark convictions
your fingers raked through your hair
and you swore
you'd never see me again

from down in this grave
dug in the clay
of your homeland
I can see stars
ripping the darkness apart
but your heart remains
unchanged
distant as those spinning planets

I kissed your lips
even as they bled
into my mouth
I set your teeth all straight
I held down your eyelids
when you couldn't bare the sight
and met your body
pinned against the mattress

You, raggedy man, had your strings cut
and I held you up
payed for your sins
with mine own sinew and flesh
I made friends with the monsters under your bed
and listened to your clicking tongue
tear me down

yes, from down in this grave
I can see the stars
I can see the black holes
that were your eyes
I can see galaxies collapsing
and novas exploding
your heart is as far
as those distant stars
but back on Earth
I've become the ground
that shifts under your feet
and opens up to swallow you whole

No comments:

Post a Comment