Friday, April 17, 2015

Black Dog

you brought in a spark with you
and burnt the fucking room down

you found me
with pieces of meat
hanging from my teeth

you found me
licking away
at old wounds

you found me
all teeth
and yellow eyes

you burnt the fucking room down
to keep me out

you once would have
followed my round ass
all the way to Hell

but look at the trouble
we are in now

I'll bristle when you touch me
I'll howl when hunt me
I'll smile all too much teeth

so much better to eat you with

my eyes may be closed
but I never ever sleep

I licked your hand like an adoring pet
you liked that
and smiled down at me

but I have seen the gates of Hell
where I loved demons
with many heads and grotesque limbs

I have scoured
the earth and the heavens
for tasty morsels of fleshy lovers

I have shoved my head
under the hand of God
and purred dangerously in his lap

Never trust that I am not hungry for you

Do not lay your hand upon my head
with the assumption
that I will not bite you

Do not mistake my growling for affection

Do not turn your back on me

For I never worry
about biting the hand that feeds me
especially when I am oh so hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment