Wednesday, July 13, 2016

They Grew Overnight

You harm me like a fucking rose
I've been spitting red petals for days
Those are thorns
That were my eyes
You're growing right through
My best intentions
Wild briar canes
Pushing my dirt up
Buds crushed underfoot
That sweet smell
Wrapping around my fingers
To tug me down

"Come fuck me
In my thorns;
Bleed
Just for me"

How can I say no
When that scent
Invades my veins 
And threatens
To turn me 
To perfume

How can I say no
When the rain is so seductive
On you curling branches
And you know how to twist just right
So those thorns stay in me forever

You fuck like a bramble
And your roots grow wild
Ever outwards
Ever tangling pain
With togetherness

I am buried under the rose bushes
Come visit my bones
When the winter strips all your leaves
And you cannot stop crying for spring

No comments:

Post a Comment