Monday, May 23, 2016

The Last Time

I want you to die beneath me
A yawning great chasm of darkness
Unfurling in your eyes
I want your death
Like air
Like the deepest river
Encased in your blue lips
Like the ocean
Rushing in to drown kingdoms
And send bodies adrift
Among the wreckage

I want you to die inside me
Know my demonic charms
My bloody thirst
Striking arms
Stretched over your head
I am the muscle that is always working
The tick in your jaw
The tension that broke the ligaments of your spine

I want you to die with me in your mouth
I want to split you in two
The earth rising up to meet your face
Your teeth clenched
The pines arching overhead
In a great funeral pyre 
To ride you harder
Faster
Beyond horizons on fire
And lips curled over sharpened teeth

I want you to die
As much as you want to live
As much as you want to stroke my inner walls
Feel the clutch and keening
Caught in the spider webbed trap of my hair
The grief of always wanting
Coupled with my hands sharply clasp upon you head
Breath is as damp as wind
Tears blur your vision
And the scene crumples
Collapses as ancient buildings
Ruins to gods long forgotten
To mysteries unending and unimportant

I want your death 
Deep down and honey sick
I want your last breath
In my mouth
I want your soul
Held in the glass
Of one world to the next
I want you
Dead
Buried in me
And always 
Mine


No comments:

Post a Comment