Friday, June 22, 2012

Bramble Skin

naked view
straight here
down the alley way
where great flocks
of sparrows
dot the sky

sitting nude
at dawn
in my favorite chair
the sky
huge and vibrating
above me

they believe in me
with little warbles
and quiet nittering
I waste most my time
waiting for footsteps
on the doorway

my neighbors slumbering
one thin wall away
I see dawn coming
pink clouds
dipping to the feminine mounds
of rolling green mountians

I feel my legs open to the breeze
flowers tilting to warm wind
delicate vines
like fingers up the side of the wall
I see them twisting in the coming light

the brambles have my heart
with each darting bird
I am in a tree top
chasing bugs in the grass
I am naked as a jaybird
sleek as a hunting cat
and floating through the morning air

if you look up
for just a flashing second
you will see white skin
and blue feathers
slipping back in the window
flittering
forever lost to your trembling view
in the half light of this so near dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment