Saturday, February 5, 2011

Monstrous

Your skin
is eating my dreams
whole

Your teeth
like picket fences
bordering an infested world of unwanted images
of you
and your smiling
crooked at best
and always
moving

I
am a parting image
at the worst of times
with little meaning
embedded in your railroad righteousness
you have girls in your clutches
you want more
you want them bending
will and all to your needs
your textual sexuality

but you do not know
you are a ghost
an insect in the machine
you create a world you do not exist in
and write pages of uninteresting
extraneous language
for the joy
of little gods in uneven places

"I have the gun.
I am the superhero;
the anti-hero;
the man in the black coat;
I spit bullets,
and love hairless girls."
You are choking on importance,
visiting the earth under your thumb
crying at the injustice of it all
you reek of mortality
and birth nothing wanted

I, however,
am already swallowed by the Idea
I have come here
and I have laid down my life
for the right to the Idea
and I am one with the Word
and the Idea
and I am coming for you
to show you the way
to femininity and subservience
I will show you us
I will show you the token of being us
Our tokenism
Our words and works you choose not to read
and I will show you the way in a handful of flesh
because you are the Man
all importance and breeding
and you need direction more than I do

You are nothing without us
and I am coming for you
whether you like it or not

No comments:

Post a Comment