Wednesday, November 25, 2009

i wrote this song and gave it to god...

Swing Axe

i have bent to one knee
to see her god in the trees
pale as moonlight
wicked as stars
and twice as sharp of tongue

she says
'you are aging as you stand
in the face of my glory
with eyes of this blazing sun
eyes of blazing sun'

i have bent at the middle
to see her god in the river
her feet bare
as she walks over my grave
with delicate footsteps

she says
'you are wilting as you stand
in the face of my glory
with eyes of this burning sun
eyes of burning sun'

i have bent down
and come up again
with my swing axe
set to chopping down her trees
and stopping up her river
while cursing all her ways

she says
'you are damned as you stand
in the face of my glory
and your eyes have set the sun
eyes of setting sun

No comments:

Post a Comment